Some books I’d recommend. More comprehensive list available on goodreads.
- The Lean Startup Massively influential on how we built Prolific. Easier in theory than in practice, but we the “MVP” was successful for us getting Prolific started.
- Stubborn Attachments I’m really enjoying the books coming out of Stripe press. This book has changed the way I think about morality. If you’re interested in moral philosophy and economics this is a book for you.
- Deep Work I’m a real believer in the value of focused work + this book has helped me get more of it. My only critisim is he leaves CEOs and “rapid decision makers” off the hook. This kind of focused work is as important for execs as anyone else.
- Superforecasting Most people have heard of the ‘wisdom of the crowd’, but there’s a lot more to prediction and forcasting.
- The Selfish Gene One of the most influential books I’ve ever read, and a large part of the reason I studied a PhD in genomics. Although the science of genetics has moved on, this book is timeless.
- Predictably Irrational A great introduction to behavioural economics and psychology.
- many more…